Avinash Mukherjee: The positive side of social media is instead of people calling me by my character names, they are calling me by my real name!


Actor Avinash Mukherjee, who is part of the show Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki, is not someone who is constantly active on social media. The actor says that while he understands its importance, he feels that it’s a big responsibility as well. “Social media has become a great tool for connecting with your well-wishers and people who admire your work and to stay in touch with them and keep them updated. Your fans like to see you and know what you are into in your real life. But I also think that it’s a big responsibility and that is why I always make a conscious effort to cross-check what I am posting. I take care of the words I am using when I am commenting and whose pictures I am liking. I know that this is what people are going to see. This is what people will interpret it as. In that sense, I take care of it and keep it at the back of my mind,” he says.

 

Social media has also become a game of amassing a huge number of followers, however, Avinash says that he has never got bogged down with this. “The number of followers have become like a benchmark in the industry, that’s a given. I do accept that this a benchmark number but it is like a race without a finish line. There is no point in running it. You are not going to win. You may think that you are losing and it causes a lot of psychological tension. You keep thinking about why the numbers are not increasing. Instead, you should be focussing on the memories and the experience, not the numbers. The numbers will be there if you do good work and work which people have not seen,” he says, adding, “Social media is two-way communication, it has taken out the fake aspect. It has made communication more transparent.”

 

Ask him what he loves about the medium, and he says, “The positive side of social media is instead of people calling me by my character names, they are calling me from by my real name. That is due to social media.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love triangles are fun because it has a lot of drama: Pooja Gor

Manisha Rani Comes In Support Of Pawan Singh For Lok Sabha Elections 2024

'Chikoo Ki Mummy Durr Kei': Chikoo makes a sacrifice